Saturday, April 18, 2009

Another month gone!

I have now officially been out of the US for 3 months! This marks the halfway point of my abroad experience, which feels very weird to say.
In the past month, I did so much it would be impossible to write it all. There were a couple highlights though...
I spent a weekend in Colonia, Uruguay with the BC crowd. I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to! We had heard Colonia didn't have much to do, but we had a very fun and relaxing time. We rented bikes, swam in the Rio de la Plata, and just generally hung out. Colonia, unlike Buenos Aires, has a lot of its colonial architecture and streets intact, so there was a lot of history to see and explore as well. We all could've stayed a couple more days!
This past week my parents came to visit!!! It was so good to see them, and I had a blast showing them both the standard sights of BA and the little things from my daily life here. We spent a lot of time chilling/eating in cafes and restaurants, as good food is everywhere and very reasonable by US standards. In addition to showing them the basics (Recoleta Cemetery, La Boca) we did some things that were new to me as well, such as the Japanese Garden and the MALBA, BA's modern art museum.  But spending time with them was the best part- I was sad to see them go!
Yesterday I went to see a polo match: Argentina vs. The Rest of the World, an international team made of 3 Chileans and a Mexican. I really enjoyed it, and I'm not exactly a sports person :) Polo has something aesthetic about it though, and it's definitely an Argentine cultural experience: Argentina has one of the best polo teams in the world. 
Now it's time for me to do homework... I didn't get much done while my parents were here, so now I've got to ponerme las pilas, or put the batteries in and get going!

No comments:

Post a Comment